Exotic Pet Owners Community

HomeExotic RealmFAQSearchRegisterLog in
*** Buy @ our Premium Members Petshop *** Early Bird's Feeders Shop / Norin's Lucky Gecko / Suave Dude Shop / Tattoo's Shop<-- ***
°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸Welcome to Philippine Exotic Pets°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸

Share | 

tarantula vs. varnish

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
gabrielic

Male
Location Cebu

PostSubject: tarantula vs. varnish   Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:34 am

Anyone know if poisonous or harmful ba ang varnished wood sa tarantula? Plano ko kasi i-varnish yung decoration na kahoy sa enclosure ko
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TipplerMG
Pet Master
Pet Master

Male
Location Makati City

PostSubject: Re: tarantula vs. varnish   Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:56 am

TS varnish is traditionally a combination of a drying oil, a resin, and a thinner or solvent so it it harmful not only to humans but also for pets. They enter into the body not only via the inhalation of fumes, but also through the skin. Excessive inhalation of fumes may lead to irritation of the mucous membranes, headaches, and may ultimately damage the lungs, liver or central nervous system. Prolonged contact with the skin may cause irritation or inflammation. Check first if the ones that you are planning to buy are safe for animals then it should be okay. Try Polyurethayne it is safe after it dries it is a plastic base material. Make sure to let it air out for at least a week before using it. DO NOT use laquers and enamels they emit odors even after they are dry and can be toxic.

By the way I moved your topic to the right section.

drinks
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gabrielic

Male
Location Cebu

PostSubject: Re: tarantula vs. varnish   Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:41 am

[quote="TipplerMG"]TS varnish is traditionally a combination of a drying oil, a resin, and a thinner or solvent so it it harmful not only to humans but also for pets. They enter into the body not only via the inhalation of fumes, but also through the skin. Excessive inhalation of fumes may lead to irritation of the mucous membranes, headaches, and may ultimately damage the lungs, liver or central nervous system. Prolonged contact with the skin may cause irritation or inflammation. Check first if the ones that you are planning to buy are safe for animals then it should be okay. Try Polyurethayne it is safe after it dries it is a plastic base material. Make sure to let it air out for at least a week before using it. DO NOT use laquers and enamels they emit odors even after they are dry and can be toxic.

By the way I moved your topic to the right section.

thanks pre. very informational. and sorry i didn't know that i was in the wrong section hehe
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: tarantula vs. varnish   

Back to top Go down

tarantula vs. varnish
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1